1623 Main - 1904; loft conversion - 1999
The historic Wilson Building, opened in 1904 and patterned after Paris'
Grand Opera House with Second Empire-style architecture, the landmark
structure was considered one of the premier commercial structures west of
the Mississippi. The plan of the building is "E" shaped with curved
was designed by Sanguinet & Staats of Fort Worth and was the home of
the Titche-Goettinger Department Store until 1926, when they moved to a newer
and larger building, two blocks east. For many years, the
building was the home of H.L. Green Co. In 1999, Post
Properties converted the historic structure into 135 loft
apartments, featuring hardwood floors and a rooftop sky terrace.